Official Notice :
(Authoritative English Text of this Department Notification No. Per(A-IV)-A(3)-3/84-I
dated 09/09/2013 as required under Clause (3) of Article348 of the Constitution of India).
Government of Himachal Pradesh
Department of Personnel
No.Per(A-IV)-A(3)-1/2012,dated Shimla-171002, the 9th September, 2013.
In exercise of the powers confered by the proviso to Article 309 of the
Constitution of India, the Governor, Himachal Pradesh, in consultation with the Himachal
Pradesh Public Service Commision,is pleased to make the folowing rules further to amend the
Himachal Pradesh Administrative Service Rules, 1973, notified vide this Department’s
Notification No. 7-5/73-Dp-Appt. Dated 15.03.1973 and published in Rajpatra (Extra Ordinary)
dated 11.05.1973, namely:-
Short title and 1.
(1) These rules may be caled the Himachal commencement:Pradesh Administrative Service (First Amendment),Rules, 2013.
(2) These rules shall come into force from the date of publication in the Rajptra, Himachal Pradesh.
Amendment in detailed 2.
For the existing detailed syllabus of syllabus for the Himachal Pradesh Administrative Main
Examination, prescribed after Main Competitive the Appendix-I of Rule 10(1) of HPAS
Examination, prescribed Rules, 1973, the detailed syllabus for after the Appendix-I of Himachal Pradesh Administrative Main Rule 10(1). Examination shal be substituted as per Annexure-A.
Chief Secretary to the
Government of Himachal Pradesh.
DETAILED SYLLABUS FOR THE HIMCHAL PRADESH ADMINISTRATIVE MAIN
This paper is designedto test candidates in the folowing:-
1. Comprehension of EnglishLanguage
2. Corect grammatical expresion
3. Clarity and precision in expresion
Areas of Testing
Candidates wilbetested in the folowing areas:
1. English Grammar - (20 Marks)
2. Usage and vocabulary - (20 Marks)
3. English Composition Letter / Application / Report /Notewriting - (20Marks)
4. Comprehension of unseenpasages - (20 Marks)
5. Precis Writing - (20 Marks)
Creditwil be given for the folowing:
1. Writing of précis, comprehension, composition and usage according requirements of
2. Coherence and sequence inexpresion
3. Corectnesofgrammatical structures
4. Originality of thought and expression
HINDIIN DEVNAGRI SCRIPT
(i) Translation of an English pasage into Hindi.
(i) Translation of Hindipasage into English.
(i)Explanationof Hindi pasage in Prose and Poetry inthe same language.
(iv) Composition (Idioms,corections etc.)
Knowledge of curent events of National and International importance and of such mater of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper wil also include questions on Modern History (From 1857 onwards) of India, Indian Culture, Indian Polity, Indian Economy and Geography of India of such nature as candidates should be able to answer without special study and questions on the teachings of Mahatma Gandhi.
The candidate wil be interviewedbythe Commision who wil have before them a record of his carer. He wil be asked questions on maters of general interest. The object of the interview is to asses the personal suitability of the candidate for the services or service for which he has applied to the Commission.
The test is intended to judge the mental caliber of candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his intellectual qualities but also social traits and his interest in current affairs. Some of the qualities to be judged are mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, care and logical exposition, balance of judgements, variety and depth of interest, ability for social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
This paper is designed to test candidate’s (i) knowledge / awareness of a variety of subjects and (i) their ability to composes sustained piece of writing in the form of an essay.
A fair choice of topics covering (i) curent afairs (i) socio-political isues (i) aspects of culture and history, and (iv) reflective topics wil be given to test the candidates’ understanding of theseisues and their flair for expresing themselves inthe English language.
Areas of Testing:
This paper would test the following:
1. Ability to compose a well-argued piece of writing
2. Ability to express coherently and sequentially
3. Awareness of the subject chosen
Credit will be given for the following:
1. Observing established rules and format for easy writing
2. Grammatical correctness of expression
3. Originality of thought and expression