- Some of the influential leaders have always been defying the election commission’s Code of Conduct and its orders.
- National parties are not paying much attention on this.
- The best solution is to place the responsibility on political parties. Civil society can only play a complimentary role.
- Model Code of Conduct has been adopted by political parties.
- There are 3 main stakeholders in this process; one, Election Commission; second, the political parties; third, the people who are going to vote. All three have to play role to maintain the order.
- These are also the defiance and violation of Representation of People act.
- Election commission should have some judicial powers to take direct action during the times of elections on certain issues.
- This is the time for the people of India to say NO to communal and non-secular politics. The entire country must rise as one.
- It is clear that Election Commission has not been very effective in dealing with such cases. And hence, there is a need to empower the Election Commission to deal with such cases.
Source: RajyaSabha TV